who says south illinois is boring?
It's all about location...
The world's tiniest WalMart
What a deal!
You'll see Crushasaurus at the upcoming Monster Truck rally, no doubt
|more photos in the archive... |
We've got mail...|
I would really love to dangle the evil yellow stripey spider in front of you Aimee, because it just looks so menacing with
his/her hooked legs and camoflauged design. His body shell looks pretty tough to squash too. Anything to make Aimee
scream louder!! :)
- Dan, Thunder Bay ON
Well, I guess I won't be showing that one to my mom.
Great picture you got of me eating the pizza. Sneaky. I'm impressed.
I'm all for more Dorko. Reminds me of "How not to be seen"
Looking forward to reading of your New Orleans adventures.
- Jon, Chicago IL
from Day 55
Oh yeah, the Dorko game is great. After all, remember what that guy said on Day One I think it was..... There is a lot of boring landscape in USA.
- Cindy, Bemidji MN
Well that was entertaining for about 23 1/2 seconds. Keep up the great work!
By the way, can't say as I'm a fan of spiders in the least. I think big fuzzy bathroom spiders would be ikier than yellow stripey ones so I'll go with the latter... lesser of two evils....
- Kippy, Ottawa ON
Drop us a note!
|Final Destination:||West Coast|
Pere Marquette State Park
Site 26. It's pretty mainstream. Seems to be built for RVs, so our tent looks a little out of place in our little parking
spot. Mind you, it's a nice area, and a pretty drive to get here.
Lieber State Park
|Lunch: ||On the Road|
|K & A:||Sharp Cheddar & Jalapeno chips|
Super Giant DQ Blizzards
|Cooked:||Campfire Pretzel Catfish with Cajun Rice (Recipes Below)|
Recipe for Campfire Pretzel Catfish
A 1.5lb Catfish Fillet
1 Man-sized handful of
Rold Gold Pretzel Sticks
Country Time Raspberry
Ice Tea Mix
1. Light the fire.
2. Put the Pretzel Sticks into a Ziploc bag. Crush them using the Country Time container.
3. Add to the Ziploc a spoonful of Ice Tea mix, a half spoonful of cajun spice and a half spoonful of garlic salt. Shake it up.
4. Cut catfish fillet into a few pieces.
5. Douse catfish in orange juice, then throw it into the Ziploc and go Shake-n-Bake on it.
6. Toss catfish on grill. After first flip, pour rest of Ziploc contents onto top side.
7. Serve on bed of Cajun Rice (below). Dee-lish!
Recipe for Cajun Rice
8 dried apricots
1. Cook Rice.
2. Add lots of Cajun spice.
3. Add lots of Worchestershire sauce.
4. Dice up dried apricots. Toss them in.
5. Let stand for one (1) day.